Scholastic Book Fair
December 17–18 8:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
December 19–20 8:45–11:45 a.m.
Join us at Community Preschool for our first Scholastic Book Fair. We will receive a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for preschool and elementary students, and all purchases benefit our school. Scholastic Books make great holiday gifts!
You can also order online from December 1–21. The online orders will not arrive until after Christmas break, but it is a wonderful opportunity to increase your child’s home library. The book fair will replace our monthly book orders with Scholastic for November and December.
Please click here for more information. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Tammy.
Our New Spinning Tub
A big thank you to Kristina Kramer and Aaron Colson-Snyder for helping us to set up our new spinning tub.
It is a big hit with our students!
Friday, November 2 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Join us for our Annual Homemade Spaghetti Dinner and Bake Sale fundraiser.
Donations will be accepted at the door and dessert tickets will be sold for $1.
We are supported by the love and generosity of so many people. Marco Scalise and Norm Goding have cooked for our spaghetti dinner for 17 years. They spend hours preparing a homemade spaghetti dinner that benefits our school!
We are encouraging families to bring a dessert for our bake sale. Please make sure desserts are individually portioned (i.e. – cupcakes, cookies, cut up brownies etc) and nut-free.
We will offer face painting for the children again too.
This event is a great opportunity to get to know other families in your child’s preschool class and for our alumni families to visit their teachers and friends. We hope you can make it!
Spaghetti Dinner – Thank You
Thank you to all our wonderful current and alumni families for attending our homemade spaghetti dinner. It was great to see you all! Your generous donations raised $1,326 for our school! We have purchased a new piece of playground equipment—keep your eyes open for the new arrival.
A special thank you to our fabulous cooks Marco Scalise, Norm Goding, Audrey and Melissa McCormick, Kathleen Geraghty, Shelly Borrman, and Bob and Laura Martinez.
Thank you to our board of directors, teachers, parent volunteers, and corporate sponsors (Budweiser Event Center, Perch Real Estate, and Thrivent Financial) for making this annual tradition such a success!
Parents’ Night Out at Studio Vino
Thank you to all our wonderful families who joined us for a fun night of painting! We are grateful to Studio Vino for hosting this fabulous fundraiser which raised $480 for our preschool.
Annual Walk-a-Thon and Potluck Picnic
Community Preschool families join us for the annual walk-a-thon and picnic! It will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 27 and Friday, September 28 at Dwayne Webster Veteran’s Park (Cannon Park). It’s a fun way to raise funds and socialize.
- Pledge envelopes will be distributed in the children’s cubbies at school.
- Invite family and friends to make a tax-deductible donation and come walk with us. Complete the pledge form and return it in the treasurer’s box at school.
- Come to the walk-a-thon on the day your child attends class.
—Ms. Jill’s MW 3s and Mrs. Martinez’s PM 4s: Attend whichever day works best. Please arrive at the park at 10:30 a.m.
—Mrs. Martinez’s TR 3s and MWF 4s: Come to class at the usual time in the morning, and then pick up your child at 10:00 a.m. and go to the park.
—Ms. Jodie’s MTWR 4s: Bring your child directly to Dwayne Webster Veteran’s Park at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 27 for a scavenger hunt and story time.
—Ms. Jill’s TR 3s: Bring your child directly to Dwayne Webster Veteran’s Park at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 27 for a scavenger hunt and story time.
—Ms. Jill’s F 2s: Simply meet at the park at 10:30 a.m. to begin the walk-a-thon.
- Wear your Community Preschool t-shirt if you have one, and bring your camera. We will walk three laps around the playground area together. Each child who participates will receive a small prize.
- Bring a nut-free dish to share. We will be using SignUpGenius.com so watch for an email to sign up. Items needed are: Main Dishes (noodles, chicken, casserole, small sandwiches, hot dogs, etc.), Desserts (cookies, brownies, fruit kabobs, etc.), Side Dishes (fruit, vegetables, pasta salad, green salad, etc.), Other Sides (chips, dip, popcorn, pretzels, etc.).
- Parent-helpers for these days, please bring cups and drinks to share. (Your children will have show and tell before going to the park in Mrs. Martinez classes)
- Pack plates and plasticware/silverware for your family. Also bring any serving utensils needed for your potluck dish.
- And most importantly, have fun!
Parents Night Out at Studio Vino
Sunday, October 14
Preschool Classes Begin the Week of September 4
Our teachers have been hard at work setting up their classrooms and getting ready to meet all the new and returning students. We are excited to welcome back our wonderful community of families!
Dates to Remember
Fall Open House
This is a time for your child to see their classroom and meet their teacher, and to turn in your child’s Health Form and Immunization Form.
- Thursday, August 23 from 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
New Family Orientation
Required for all new Community Preschool families. This more detailed meeting will be 30–45 minutes in duration. Please choose one meeting to attend:
- Thursday, August 23 at 9:30 a.m. (during Fall Open House)
- Monday, August 27 at 6 p.m.
Orientation for Returning Families
Required for all returning Community Preschool families. This will be a shorter, 20-minute meeting. If you cannot attend one of these meetings, please attend one of the New Family Orientation meetings. Choose one meeting to attend:
- Tuesday, September 4 at 9:05 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 4 at 12:50 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 5 at 9:05 a.m.
- Friday, September 7 at 9:05 a.m.
Bring your smile and your order form! A portion of the sales benefit our school! Click here for an order form.
Tuesday, October 16
10:15 a.m.–11:15 a.m.
- TTh 3s Mrs. Martinez
- TTh 3s Miss Jill
- MTTh 4s Mrs. Martinez
Wednesday, October 17
9:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
- Pre-K Ms. Jodie
- MW 3s Miss Jill
Friday, October 19
- 2.5s Miss Jill (If parents can arrive a little early, but it’s ok if they cannot.)
- MWF 4s Class Mrs. Martinez
- Any makeup from other classes
We are currently registering for openings in the following classes for 2018–2019:
- Ms. Jill’s 3s on Monday/Wednesday from 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- Ms. Jill’s 3s on Tuesday/Thursday from 9:00–11:30 a.m.
If you are interested in registering, please follow these steps:
- Contact the class coordinator, Stefani, for the 3s class openings.
- Download the 2018–2019 Registration Packet and fill it out by hand or complete it electronically using Adobe Acrobat Reader: https://get.adobe.com/reader. Please do not use digital signatures. (Pages 6–7 including the Student Health Record and Colorado Certificate of Immunization must be completed AFTER June 1, 2018.)
- Submit the completed 2018–2019 Registration Packet with two photos of your child and a check for your $70 non-refundable registration fee.
You can find answers to all of your questions about Registration by visiting our Register for Classes page.
Third Quarter Tuition Due
Friday December 7, 2018
Tuition for the third quarter is due by Friday, December 7, 2018. There are three payment options available.
- Mail your payment to P.O. Box 1652, Loveland, CO 80539.
- Pay online using Zelle to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Place in Treasurer’s lock box, located on the northwest wall in the main school hallway.
Make checks payable to “Community Preschool” and add your child’s name and class in the memo line to ensure correct credit to your account.
Click here to visit the Tuition and Schedule page and find the tuition amount for your child’s class.
Contact the treasurer Jennifer M. with any questions about tuition. If you are having difficulty with paying tuition according to the schedule, please contact us immediately. We are willing to work with you, but it is best to have a plan before tuition is due and late fees are incurred.
Openings in Current 2017–2018 Classes
We are currently registering for openings in the following classes for 2017–2018:
- Ms. Jodie’s Pre-K 4s on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday from 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
If you are interested in registering, please follow these steps:
- Contact the class coordinator, (Kayla D. for 4s classes).
- Complete the 2017–2018 Registration Packet. (Pages 6–8 including the Student Health Record, Certificate of Immunization, and Addendum MUST be completed AFTER June 1, 2017.)
- Be prepared to pay the non-refundable $70 non-refundable registration fee and the current quarter’s tuition by check.
We need 48 hours from the time that you submit the registration paperwork and tuition payment to process your child’s enrollment, and for the teacher to prepare for your child to attend class.
Waiting List for Full Classes
We can add your child to our waiting list. Should there be an opening in your requested class, we will contact you.
Find the answers to your questions about our classes on our Register for Classes page, or contact a class coordinator.
Scholastic Book Orders:
Due Friday, October 26
Each month you have an opportunity to purchase affordable books for your child through Scholastic. It is a great program and each book you purchase earns points for Community Preschool to purchase educational materials and books for the classrooms.
Go to scholastic.com/readingclub and create an account with the code R3Q3J. You will see Ms. Tammy Friske’s name for the order. If you prefer, you can complete a paper order and turn it in at preschool. If you have any questions please contact Ms. Tammy.
Please be sure to check out The Parent Helper newsletter for January!
Tour Community Preschool
Would you like to learn more about Community Preschool and what we have to offer your family at our preschool? RSVP to tour the preschool and see what our play-based, parent-cooperative preschool is all about.
Call 970-669-4323 or click here to email and reserve your spot for the tour at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesdays!
Health Forms Due Thursday, August 23
Health forms must be completed after June 1, 2018 and are due before school begins. They require your doctor’s signature and the date of your child’s next exam.
Please include the original immunization form from your child’s doctor, and transfer the information to the Colorado Certification of Immunization Form.
If you exempting any or all immunizations, you must include an exemption form.
All health forms are due by Thursday, August 23. You can mail the forms to our P.O. Box, preschool address or email them to Ms. Tammy.