What’s Happening in Our Community
Currently Registering for Fall!
We are currently registering for openings in the following classes:
- Miss Jill’s Tuesday/Thursday 3s from 9:00–11:00 a.m.
- Mrs. Martinez’s Monday/Tuesday/ Thursday PM 4s from 12:45–3:15 p.m.
**Please note, our 2s class is full, and we currently have a wait list.**
If you are interested in registering, please follow these steps:
- Complete the 2016–2017 Registration Packet. (Pages 6–8 including the Student Health Record, Certificate of Immunization, and Addendum MUST be completed AFTER June 1, 2016.)
- Be prepared to pay the non-refundable $70 non-refundable registration fee and the current quarter’s tuition.
- Contact the class coordinator (Emily for 2s/3s, or Kayla for 4s)
Tips for the Beginning of Preschool
The start of a new school year is exciting, but it can be especially intimidating for preschoolers. Here are some suggestions to help your child adjust.
- Attend the Fall Open House on Friday, August 26 between 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. so they can meet their teacher and see the classroom and the school.
- Make back-to-school time fun by taking your child to choose new clothes, shoes, or a backpack.
- Allow plenty of time to get ready for school in the morning. A calm experience at home can ease the transition at school.
- Give your child a small photograph of your family to take along.
- You know your child best. You will know what your child needs to make it a great preschool experience.
Also, here are a few pointers for parents.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early unless it is your parent-help day. Remain in the classroom until parent-helpers have arrived. This will reassure your child and put them at ease with their surroundings. Feel free to stay until the teacher starts class.It is important to pick up your child on time to give them security that you will return at the end of class.
- Each child has a cubby in the classroom. Please help your child find it and store their belongings there. This is their special spot in the classroom. Check the cubby after class for school information and your child’s work.
Scholastic Book Orders
Each month you have an opportunity to purchase affordable books for your child through Scholastic. It is a great program and each book you purchase earns points for Community Preschool to purchase educational materials and books for the classrooms.
Go to scholastic.com/readingclub and create an account with the code GWCML. If you prefer, you can complete a paper order and turn it in at preschool. If you have any questions please contact Ms. Tammy.
Our orders will resume once school begins in September.
Current Class Openings (2015–2016)
We currently have the following class openings:
- Miss Jill’s 3s class on MW from 9:00–11:30 a.m.
- Mrs. Martinez’s PM 4s class on MTR from 12:45–3:15 p.m.
- Ms. Jodie’s Pre-K 4s class on MTWR from 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
If you are interested in registering, please follow these steps:
- Complete the 2015–2016 Registration Packet. (Registration packet pages 6–7 (Student Health Record and Immunization Record) must be signed by your health care provider after June 1, 2015, and must be on file before your child will be allowed to attend classes.)
- Be prepared to pay the non-refundable $70 registration fee, as well as tuition.
- Contact the 4s Class Coordinator, Kyla; or the 3s Class Coordinator, Emily.
We need 48 hours from the time that you submit the registration paperwork and tuition to process your child’s enrollment, and for the teacher to prepare for your child to attend class.
The book order for April will be due on Thursday, April 28. This will be the last order of this school year.
To place your order, please visit scholastic.com/readingclub and enter the code GWCML. Or you can place a paper order at school if you prefer.
Class Waiting Lists
We maintain a Waiting List for each class. Should there be a change in enrollment, you would have the opportunity to fill the next opening. If you would like to be added to the Waiting List, please e-mail the coordinator by clicking below.
|Emily W.||2s/3s Coordinator||Click to email|
|Kyla O.||4s Coordinator||Click to email|
Fall Open House
Friday, August 26 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Fall Open House will be held on Friday, August 26 from 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. This is a time for your child to see their classroom and meet their teacher, and for you to finalize registration paperwork.
Registration Packet pages 6–8 with the Student Health Record, Immunization Record, and Addendum are due at the Fall Open House. Your child cannot attend classes until these documents are on file.
The Student Health Form must be filled out completely, signed, and dated by your child’s physician after June 1, 2016, and it must also include the date of your child’s next physical.
The Immunization Record form must be the Community Preschool original. Please transfer records to that form before submitting.
The Parent-Helper: August Newsletter
We still have another month to enjoy the warmth of summer, but Community Preschool is busy preparing for our families to arrive in September.
With school coming, the August newsletter discusses upcoming dates and events that you’ll want on your calendar.
- Tuition for first quarter is due. You can drop it off at the preschool between 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. on August 1.
- Fall Open House will be on Friday, August 26 from 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. This is a time for your child to see their classroom and meet their teacher, and for you to finalize paperwork. Please be sure to complete and bring pages 6–8 of your registration packet.
- Parent Orientations will be held during the second week of school, September 12–16. These are mandatory meetings that will take place shortly after you drop your children off in class.
(Remember, you can always visit our Calendar page, and even subscribe to view events on your own calendar.)
Second Quarter Tuition Due Friday, September 23
Tuition for the second quarter is due by Friday, September 23, 2016. Please place your tuition payment in the Treasurer’s lock box, located on the northwest wall in the main school hallway. Make checks payable to “Community Preschool” and add your child’s name and class in the memo of the check to ensure correct credit to your account.
Click here to visit the Tuition and Schedule page and find the tuition amount for your child’s class.
Contact the treasurer Emily M. with any questions about tuition. If you are having difficulty with paying tuition according to the schedule, please contact us immediately. We are willing to work with you, but it is best to have a plan before tuition is due and late fees are incurred.