Welcome to Community Preschool!
Monster Truck Show Drawing
We received a donation of four tickets to the Toughest Monster Truck Tour show on Saturday, April 8 at 1:00 p.m. and we want to give them away to one of our wonderful families!
All current families are eligible to enter by filling out the slip found in your child’s cubby and placing it in the drawing jar in the main hallway. Be sure to enter before Tuesday, March 28 at 3:30 p.m. One entry per family, please.
Our school is made better by the families who make up our community. We ask that you help us to improve our school by giving us your feedback. Please take our short survey during the month of March by visiting https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NPSPYB2.
The Parent Helper newsletter for the month of March is now available.
Here are a few highlights:
- Thanks for supporting the Pancake Breakfast and Silent Auction.
- A few openings remain in 2017–2018 classes after our Registration event.
- Take a few minutes to fill out the Parent Survey before March 31.
- Scholastic book orders are due by March 29.
- Spring Break is next week!
Tour Community Preschool
Would you like to learn more about Community Preschool and what we have to offer your family at our preschool? RSVP to tour the preschool and see what our play-based, parent-cooperative preschool is all about.
Call 970-669-4323 or click here to reserve your spot for the tour at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesdays through the month of April!
Openings for 2017–2018 Classes
Our Registration event took place on Friday, February 24, but we still have room in some classes:
• Miss Jill’s 3s Class on Monday/Wednesday from 9:00–11:30 a.m.
• Miss Jill’s 3s Class on Tuesday/Thursday from 9:00–11:30 a.m.
• Mrs. Martinez’s 4s Class on Monday/Tuesday/Thursday Afternoons from 12:45–3:15 p.m.
If you would like to register for these 2017–2018 classes, please follow these steps:
- Contact the class coordinator, (Liv C. for 2s/3s classes, or Kayla D. for 4s classes).
- Download the 2017–2018 Registration Packet and complete it. You can print it and fill it in by hand, or use Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill in the information digitally, print it, and add your signatures (https://get.adobe.com/reader). You will also need two printed photos of your child (2″ x 3″ recommended).
- Be prepared to pay the non-refundable $70 non-refundable registration fee.
Find the answers to your questions on our Register for Classes page, or contact a class coordinator.
Changes for the 2017–2018 School Year
Due to increasing costs, the board recently voted to increase the tuition rate at Community Preschool as of the 2017–2018 school year. The current rate is $3.50 per hour, and it will be increased to $4.00 per hour. If you have any questions about this change, please feel free to contact our President, Hanna.
Beginning next Fall, Mrs. Martinez’s Afternoon 4s Class will have the assistance of a co-teacher, and will require only one parent-helper per class. Therefore, the tuition for this class will be slightly higher at $4.50 per hour. If your family is unable to offer as much time to volunteer for parent-helping, this might be a good option for you.
Fourth Quarter Tuition
Due Friday, February 10
Tuition for the fourth quarter is due by Friday, February 10, 2017. Please place your tuition payment in the Treasurer’s lock box, located on the northwest wall in the main school hallway. Make checks payable to “Community Preschool” and add your child’s name and class in the memo of the check to ensure correct credit to your account.
Click here to visit the Tuition and Schedule page and find the tuition amount for your child’s class.
Contact the treasurer Emily M. with any questions about tuition. If you are having difficulty with paying tuition according to the schedule, please contact us immediately. We are willing to work with you, but it is best to have a plan before tuition is due and late fees are incurred.
Openings in Current 3s Class
We are currently registering for openings in the following class for 2016–2017:
- Miss Jill’s 3s on Tuesday/Thursday from 9:00–11:30 a.m.
- Ms. Jodie’s Pre-K 4s on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday from 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
If you are interested in registering, please follow these steps:
- Contact the 2s/3s Class Coordinator, Liv C., and request the Registration Packet for 2016–2017.
- Complete the 2016–2017 Registration Packet. (Pages 6–8 including the Student Health Record, Certificate of Immunization, and Addendum MUST be completed AFTER June 1, 2016.)
- Be prepared to pay the non-refundable $70 non-refundable registration fee and the current quarter’s tuition.
We also maintain a waiting list for each class, and you are welcome to contact the class coordinator to add your name in case an opening occurs. ***Please note that our class for ages 2.5 is full, and there is a substantial waiting list. ***
We need 48 hours from the time that you submit the registration paperwork and tuition payment to process your child’s enrollment, and for the teacher to prepare for your child to attend class.
Scholastic Book Orders
Due Wednesday, March 29
Each month you have an opportunity to purchase affordable books for your child through Scholastic. It is a great program and each book you purchase earns points for Community Preschool to purchase educational materials and books for the classrooms.
The next book order will be due by Wednesday, March 29.
Go to scholastic.com/readingclub and create an account with the code GWCML. If you prefer, you can complete a paper order and turn it in at preschool. If you have any questions please contact Ms. Tammy.