Updated September 2020
- Community Preschool is NUT-FREE. It is very important to read all packaging (the ingredient list and notices) to make sure products have not been processed in a facility with peanuts and other nuts. We must follow these rules and regulations enforced by the health department.
- No dairy products that require refrigeration are allowed, including cheese, yogurt, etc.
- For the 2020-2021 school year snacks must be prepackaged and individually wrapped
Vegetables and Fruits
- Fruits and vegetables except melons. Please wash all produce in our kitchen at the window sink in the CPS-labeled colander. There are peelers, paring knives, and cutting boards in the kitchen for you to use as well.
- Any dried fruit: raisins, cherries, pineapple, apples, papaya.
- Any pre-packaged fruits or vegetables: carrots, celery sticks, fresh fruit, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, etc.
Other Snack Suggestions
(You can use the oven or the microwave to warm food.) Not for 2020-2021 school year.
- Cereal: Cheerios (plain), Purely Os by Cascadian Farms.
- Pretzels: Goldfish Pretzels, Rold’s Gold, Utz.
- Popcorn: Smartfood, Utz Popcorn, or you can pop popcorn at school with Orville, Pop Secret, Act II, Jolly Time.
- Chips: Sunchips, Sensible Portions, or Pirates Booty.
- Graham Crackers: Nabisco, Goldfish, Keebler, Teddy Grahams, Annie’s.
- Crackers: Cheese-Its, Cheese Nips, Goldfish, Keebler, Kraft Handi-Snack, Ritz, Town House, Triscuits, Wheat Thins, Annie’s, Back to Nature.
- Cookies: Fig Newtons, Barnum’s Animal Crackers, Keebler Vanilla Wafers.
- Ice Pops: Dole Fruit Bars, Luigi’s Real Italian Ice, Breyers Pure Fruit Bars.
Community Preschool encourages healthy, natural snacks for the children and encourages families to avoid high fructose corn syrup and food coloring when making snack choices. The snack list includes nut-free, healthy suggestions.
Due to allergies and sensitivities, birthday treats are discouraged at school. If you want to celebrate, feel free to bring stickers, balloons, or small toys for classmates.
If you have any suggestions for other nut-free healthy snacks, we encourage you to contact the board president or Ms. Tammy. Thank you!